Welcome to the Library!
The Library of the Department of Informatics & Telecommunications Engineering of the University of Western Macedonia (UOWM) aims at supporting and promoting the educational and research work of the Department. The Library offers its services to the members of the academic community of the UOWM, as well as to a wider public.
Book loan and membership card renewal by the Library
All users are equipped with a personal membership card of the Library, which is valid for all the libraries of the UOWM, and it is issued free of charge. The card can be renewed at the beginning of each academic year free of charge. Undergraduate students may borrow up to 3 books for 15 days, while postgraduate students may borrow up to 10 books for 30 days. Feel free to use the Library Catalogs-OPAC and E-list to search all types of material available in the Collections of the Library.
All the material must be returned to the Library that had performed the check. It must be returned to the circulation desk during operational hours only. Borrowers must retain the e-mail address they had filled in the book loan form for the period of time they keep the book and provide truthful information on the book reservation.
For more information on book loans, please see the guide of book loans, benefits and responsibilities: Book loans.
Dissertations and theses
A printed copy and a digital copy of each dissertation produced by the students of the Department of Informatics & Telecommunications Engineering of the UOWM must be submitted to the Library of the Department.
A printed copy and a digital copy of the theses that have been accepted for a postgraduate degree by the UOWM must be submitted to the Library.
Library users may use the computational resources and peripheral equipment available at the Electronic Reading Room as a tool to facilitate the educational process:
- Using printers and scanners must be used prudently and only when needed.
- peripheral memory (hard drives) can be used for temporary data storage. Users must take all necessary steps for the timely transfer of their personal data to USB Flash Disks, CDs or other means of storage at their own responsibility.
- deletion of the data stored in the peripheral memory (hard drives) is carried out only by the operators of the Electronic Reading Room without prior warning.
- the ERR does not have any responsibility for loss of personal or other data, which do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Library.
*For more information, please visit the following links:
- Computers provided by the Library
- Books and e-books